Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Happy then sad ?

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
At times i feel really happy and i find something to look forward to but the next thing like 10 mins later i feel down and completely forget about the thing that made me happy and i invent something or think back to a past experience which made me sad which obviously brings me down.

I have a healthy lifestyle and work out and have no money worries so if someone can give any advice i would be grateful .

thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper amberBAMBIstewart
|

User Profile
replied July 7th, 2008
Experienced User
I Sometimes feel like that Sad

Its a terrible thing..Sometimes im ok in one persons company then i leave it and im bk to square one..And its hard to think and be happy all the time

Are you on any meds?

Pm Me anytime

i know how you feeel Sad

Spongebob sunny
|

replied May 19th, 2009
me 2,
i am so happy and you could even say hyper then all of a sudden ill start to cry and i dont no why. it is really annoying because loads of people say im stupid and immiture! but i cant help it i want to know why i do it does anybody know what we should do?
|

replied May 19th, 2009
I used to get this rapid cycling of moods when I was 18. Feelings of euphoria and restlessness followed quickly by deep depression. I even looked up bipolar disorder to see if it was that but I'm almost certain it isn't. My doctor just put me on mood stabilisers. I wonder if this might help. You don't have to take lithium, there are anti-convulsant meds that have both mood stabilising and mild anti-depressant effects. So far I've found them more suitable than anti-depressants. I've been on them barely a fortnight and friends and family say they've seen a big difference in me. I say this because you sound like you feel exactly as I did and SSRIs and SNRIs (common garden antidepressants) made me worse. This doesn't mean they will for you though. Everybody is different. You need something to stabilise your moods so I would go to your doctor. If you don't want to medicate (understandable - I'm being assessed for bipolar soon and if I don't have it (severely doubt it) - then I'm quitting them altogether). Try CBT. This is the best talking therapy I have found.

Good luck.

PS. Can I ask, how are your sensory feelings? Ie. does everything suddenly look/fee;/smell incredibly beautiful when you're "high", do you become fixated with very beautiful things, even if you hadn't noticed them before? When I was 18 I used to sit and stare at a necklace for ages because the beauty of it gave me waves of joy! Ha! I wondered if anybody else had experienced this. It's nice anyway...
|

User Profile
replied May 20th, 2009
Supporter
medication, hormonal imbalance, problems in life can make you feel that way. some people can cry for no reason.
i can think about past experiences and feel sad. but i told myself, and i m telling you to have your thoughts positive all the time. just try it. for example if you think of something that upsets you, tell yourself "yes that bad thing happened to me but....something positive".
when im depressed my thoughts are negative. try to stay busy, some people get bored and depressed when theyre not doing anything.
|

replied November 20th, 2010
im not entirely sure whether it is just my hormones, but im either very sad, or im kinda happy, more content than happy. i very rarely feel very happy. i dont want to seek medical help because i dont think it is very serious, and i dont want my friends and family to know that im feeling below happy alot of the time.i get easily paranoid about small things, and i cry alot over nothing. i dont think i have depression. but im wondering whether anyone of you would know what i can do, or whether im simply over thinking this. ive been feeling like this for about 2 years, i have a family backround of depression and bi polar.i feel lazy alot of the time, even though i want to do things, i just feel i cant, and more recently ive been trying to think positive, and get out there and do things, because im usually a social person but recently ive been wanting to be alone alot of the time.
|

replied November 28th, 2012
that's exactly how i feel amber..feeling sad all the time..short breath because of sadness..cry for no reasons..i have a girlfriend i ve been with for over 1 year and 7 months and never complained about her..suddenly i see everything dark in her and my mind is telling me that i want to leave her but i know that's not the problem because i never felt sad with her..i think that since i have no job no money and nothing to do i am becoming a little depressed and since she is the only person i ve got to spend time with im accusing her the problem..
|

replied November 28th, 2012
that's exactly how i feel amber..feeling sad all the time..short breath because of sadness..cry for no reasons..i have a girlfriend i ve been with for over 1 year and 7 months and never complained about her..suddenly i see everything dark in her and my mind is telling me that i want to leave her but i know that's not the problem because i never felt sad with her..i think that since i have no job no money and nothing to do i am becoming a little depressed and since she is the only person i ve got to spend time with im accusing her the problem..
|