Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Hanging hymen?

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
I have this thick piece of skin hanging down from my vagina and it is noticeable, it's really embarrassing. It's not my labia. I've had it for as long as I can remember. It use to cause horrible pain when I tried to insert tampons.
I do bleed a lot during sex, the hanging skin will swell up when I have sex and be pretty sore afterwards. I think the hanging skin is causing the bleeding but I'm not positive. I think it might be a hanging hymen, just because I don't know what else it is. I really want to get rid of it, or at least know what it is, because it causes a lot of discomfort and sometimes pain during sex

Should I be concerned about this? I've gone to the gyno for regular exams and they've never said anything about, but I never asked because I was embarrassed.
Did you find this post helpful?
|