Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Hair under clitoris hood ?

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
Um yea... this is embarrising >_< but anyways..

A few days ago when used to bathroom I felt pain when I urinated.. ._. so I took a look & I found a hair growing under my clit hood.. i dunno what it is but it hurts when I touch it & its still growing... is this a bad thing? or should I tell my parents to take me to the doctor?..
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 11th, 2009
Especially eHealthy
I have never heard about that. Hair typically does not grow there. Are you sure it is not just a loose hair that got trapped there and that you need to clean the clitoris and under the hood?
|

replied July 21st, 2009
I have the same problem and it's sooooo painful!!! Did you resolve this problem and did you see a doctor? I've been trying to find solution besides plucking out the hair. Pleasee let me know what happened. I really appreciate it.
|

replied April 24th, 2011
I have the same problem and when it happens I pull the hair out and then it stops hurting. Pulling the hair out does NOT hurt at all and it relieves the pain. It does eventually come back...Weird.
|

replied August 8th, 2012
Pain in clitoris. Awful!
I'm not a medical professional, but I am a female and recently had the same thing happen. Worst pain ever. I finally got brave enough to use tweezers and pull it out. It didn't hurt at all. Not sure if it had just gotten lodged in there or actually took root. Anyway-- make sure you pull it completely out and not just at the surface. iNSTANT RELIEF. Was a little sore a day or so after, but nothing like before. Healed 100% quickly. Just knowing the source of the pain was out was relief!!!
|