Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Appendix and Appendicitis Forum

Had appendectomy, now felt a pop in my side.

Must Read
How do you know if abdominal pain is caused by appendicitis or not? First know where to locate the appendix in your body. Learn more here....
Classic symptoms of appendicitis include pain in the center of the abdomen that moves down and to the right. Learn more about signs and symptoms of appendix pr...
Understand how to diagnose appendicitis and abdominal pain correctly. Appendicitis may be the cause of your discomfort but symptoms vary. Learn more now. ...
Hi everyone. I had an appendectomy through keyhole surgery last Wednesday and have been recuperating well. However just now in bed I turned sharply and felt a "pop" where my appendix used to be. I am concerned that I may have caused some form of internal damage - popping stitches or something like that. There was a brief, very brief, flash of pain, but now there is no pain there at all.

Am I getting worked up over nothing?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 19th, 2012
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

Since it was just a momentary pain, it could be due to localized strain on the operated area, which has now resolved.

Since you do not have any more pain or discomfort, there is no need to panic.

Just relax and avoid such movements in the future and you will be fine.

|

replied April 2nd, 2012
Lower right side pain, but don't have a appendix since 5 yrs ago
Hi I have a question it was like maybe 5 years ago that they removed my appendix, but today when I woke up my right side, in the lower of my stomach hurts pretty bad, when I walk when I'm just sitting down. Do you know what could this be causing the pain because I don't have my appendix no more..
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Appendix and Appendicitis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.