Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

H-pylori test

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get blood results back from a H-pylori test! Thanks to anyone in advance!!! Wink
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 28th, 2008
Supporter
An H-pylori test can be ordered by a stool sample, a blood sample from a vein, a tissue biopsy of the stomach lining, or a breath test. Which of these did you submit? And where did you take your test? Each testing center will have a different turn-around time. Do you have the laboratory's telephone number?

You might try calling The National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse (NDDIC) for a quick response and more information about H-pylori tests. You can reach them on Phone: 1–800–891–5389 or on the internet www.digestive.niddk.nih.gov.
|

replied January 16th, 2009
H pylori
My boyfriend was diagnosed with GERD a while ago, but I've been pressuring him to get a blood test for h. pylori. The VA hospital did a blood draw on him yesterday and within 2 hours, told him that he's negative. Is that a reasonable turn-around, or does that seem rushed? I worry that the test wasn't sufficient since they said h. pylori is difficult to find. Any suggestions/thoughts?
|

replied January 18th, 2009
h pylori
I had a h-pylori test it took 3 days and it was negative then had an endoscopy and the bacteria was present so they are not always correct because its hard to see in blood !!!!
|

replied June 8th, 2011
do i need endoscopy
do i need endoscopy if my h-pylori test is negative and i feel indigestion??
|