Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

H1N1 with stomach pain ?

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
About a week ago I came down with a fever that lasted for 3 days, along with nasal congestion, occasional cough, extreme chills, (along with the fever) Nausea with stomach pain (across the top of abdomen) and unable to eat or drink due to the stomach problems. H1N1 seems to be the hot topic in my area and so at first I assumed that it was just my turn. Now, a week later all the symptoms are gone except this stomach pain, nausea coming and going, and loss of apetite. I'm also have bright yellow diarrhea.

The stomach pain is all the way across the top of my abdomen, the area above my belly button and below my sternum. This area also seems to be a little distended. I have also had occasional flank & lower back pain in the last two days.

After the initial illness I focused on making sure I am at least well hydrated & am urinating okay.

I should also mention that although I felt nauseas I was unable to vomit. (at times I wanted to!!)

Could this have been H1N1, or similar virus going around or is it something else altogether? The stomach pain is giving me concern!! Please advise!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 12th, 2009
I may not me much help, but when I can't vomit I'll chug water and that usually stirs my stomach up. Or I jump up and down. May sound silly but it works.
|
Did you find this post helpful?