Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

Gynecomastia, creatine, and marjiuana

Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
I recently developed gynecomastia in the past month and a half (I started noticing it mid/early May). From about early April I significantly increased the amount of marijuana I smoked while working on a creative project. Also, around the same time I also started taking creatine. Which do you think is the culprit? I'd prefer to continue taking creatine and simply reduce the amount of marijuana I smoke (or cut it out), but at the same time I don't want to aggravate the condition anymore. Right now it's still in the early stages, and the articles I've been reading seem to suggest that the problem will right itself if I just stop the behavior that's causing it. I just don't want to have to stop both behaviors Smile oy.

Just wondering what some of your thoughts are on this. Thanks so much!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 10th, 2011
Actually i think its the combination of the substances that are causing your gyno.

There have been studies that show a relation between marijuana and gyno but nothing has been proven yet. I think its not the marijuana that causes man boobs but its the munchies you get after smoking. So cut down on the junk.

Now since you mentioned creatine I assume you workout and if not than you need to stop using creatine. Creatine is notorious for storing water in joints and muscles so it will give you a bloated look.

Gyno does fade away with time but only if your a young teenager. Now if you are a mature adult its a different story. There are many reasons for gynecomastia and many ways to get rid of gynecomastia.

You should consult a doctor to get a proper diagnoses.
|
Did you find this post helpful?