Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

gurgling in stomach after eating

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I have been experiencing bloating, gurgling in my stomach right after I eat or even drink water. My stomach gets severely distended and I have to pass gas or i get very uncomfortable. I also have anal itching and I had a colonoscopy done a few years ago and the doctor said i had anal fissures.

My stomach has a non-stop gurgling and I pass gas constantly and it has become a nuisance. I also have lately started experiencing low back pain specially if I am sitting and praying and then as soon as I get up I feel the lower back pain.

As soon as I eat I feel the need to go to the loo right away at least I feel I have to go and the feeling just stays for a really long time. I have stopped eating for the fear of feeling all of the above mentioned symptoms. I might also be coming close to menopause so I don't know if these are all related.
Please help
If I go see my GP what do I need to tell her or what kind of tests should she be doing on me?

Thanking you sincerely,
Nikki Singh
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 31st, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Excessive abdominal bloating, stomach gurgling, abdominal pain like cramping or abdominal discomfort, toilet urgency soon after the meal, with changed stool in form of diarrhea or constipation, could be symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome.
Backache and other symptoms not related to gastrointestinal tract like fatigue, muscle pain, sleep problems, headache are additional symptoms due to IBS.
If you are experiencing diarrhea, stomach gurgling, hot flashes, visit your physician immediately, because of these symptoms could be due to carcinoid syndrome.
Anal itching is usually present with anal hemorrhoids.
It is important to visit your physician because gastrointestinal symptoms in perimeopausal women can indicate something more serious and always must be evaluated.

Don't worry too much!
I think there isn't anything serious going on!
Marija
|

replied October 19th, 2011
When I went to see my physician recently and told her about the gurgling in my stomach (I have IBS,she it was likely a condition called "hyperp.....". I forgot the name. Could you give me the medical name for this gurgling? Thanks, Rita
|