Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

gum and cheek pain after filling

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
4 days ago i had 3 fillings, i was frozen on top and bottom gums. That evening i had a bad headache and it got worse when i laid down. The headache has persisted on and off since. i also have soreness in my gums mainly bottom at the back, i'm thinking probably were i got the freezing, and at last my cheek is tender and when i smile (sometimes) it feels like someone shot me in the cheek. will this eventually go away or is there something wrong? a little nervous cause i need to go back in a couple of weeks to do the other side, and i haven't had a filling in 28 years so i don't remember if this is normal.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 20th, 2010
Well it depends. If the dentist was not careful, he maybe hurt your gum..
|

replied March 30th, 2010
i had a filling yesterday and i am also feeling pain in my gum on the tooth that was filled. I think when the denting put the metal strip around my tooth to shape it he's also cut the gum (on the around most of the tooth)with it as he was pushing it down. Once the numbness wore off it became really sore. my cheek is also still sore at the back of my mouth where the injection was.
I've got phobia of dentists and have gotta go back in three weeks for another filling-i'm thinking about bailing out!
|