Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Foot Disorders Forum

growth on toe

Must Read
We answer the questions: What is a wart? How do warts spread? What types of warts can you get? More basic facts on warts and plantar warts here....
What causes warts and in particular, plantar warts? And are adults or children more at risk of getting them. More on risks and causes here....
Do you know how to spot a wart? Learn the signs and symptoms of warts located on the feet, plus when you should seek medical help for a plantar wart....
Hi,
For the past five years I've had a growth on the cuticle of my left foot's big toe that literally looks like a distorted small foot. It is around the size of a larger wart but it has 5 distinct "fingers" which you can almost see nails when you look at it up close. I've accidentally hit it once and it simply turned black and fell off, but it later grew back once again in the same location. Do you have any idea of what this may be, I wish I could submit a picture along with this request, but I don't know how to do that.

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 26th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
kaiser,

It could be several things. Some warts do have Mickey Mouse ears and other appendages on them. It could be a cutaneous horn. Or you may have a small spicule of nail growing up through the epinychium. Of course there are some tumors that sort of look like that.

You might have it look at by a podiatrist or plastic surgeon.

Good luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: almost black
Quick Reply