Medical Questions > Cancer > Testicular Cancer Forum

growth in the scrotum

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
User Profile
Hi.I have a growth in the scrotum skin below the left testicle.When the scrotum are tight it seems like a lump pointing below, but when I examine the left testicle I find no lump on the testicle. Also when Scrotum is loose I found testicles are ok, but the scrotum is very loose. Could you pls tell me what may the reason of this skin growth. My left testicle is very down from the right one, which sometimes causes discomfort while sitting. Sometimes this extra skin below left testicle goes inside two upper thighs which also causes discomfort.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 25th, 2010
Testicular Cancer Answer A17296
Since I am not able to examine you, I cannot offer you a specific diagnosis, I'm afraid. While most skin lesions of the scrotum in young men are benign (i.e., not cancer), you should still have your doctor take a look to be sure that all is well.

Sincerely,

Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

Author, "A Cancer Prevention Guide for the Human Race"

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Testicular Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.