Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

Growing fatty tissue in right clavicular space

User Profile
My son who was 13 years old at the time had a rock hard lymph node removed from his left clavicular space, it was benign brown fatty tissue, since he has another in the same surgical space now for two years that has tripled in size and a month ago has one in his right clavicular space, he\\\'s been seen by two different ped oncologist that blow it off because he\\\'s in general good health. Should I be worried because these are growing? Can they eventually change to lymphoma?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 12th, 2010
Lymphoma Answer A16093
Of course, it is not possible for me to make a diagnosis for a patient whom I cannot examine. In general, however, any enlarging, firm painless lymph node (if that is what these lumps represent) should at least be considered for biopsy to rule-out lymphoma.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

www.oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lymphoma , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.