Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

Gross hematuria stopped after drinking alcohol?!?!

Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
I have had gross hematuria for 4 months. I have had several CT scans, blood tests and procedures which ruled out infection and stones. I am scheduled for an operation on Monday to put a camera in my kidney since the cystoscopy showed blood squirting from my left kidney. A week ago I had two beers and since then I have had no blood in my urine. Why could this be? I do have more back pain than usual on my left side. Any idea as to why a beer would stop the hematuria? Is it possible that I have microscopic hematuria now? Could my ureter be clogged? I am assuming a beer would not cure the underlying condition of the hematuria. I am a 29 year old female in otherwise good health.
Did you find this post helpful?
|