Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

Grey spots in vision

Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....
About two months ago i noticed some grey spots and lines in my peripherals. They are see through and move with my eye so I don't think they are those "floaties" or whatever. I notice it more when I'm looking at a wall or white paper or something without a lot of destraction i guess. I just keep thinking they will go away but they are still there, so I dunno is this normal or should I be learning brail and buying a white cane?

Thanks
Jessica
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 15th, 2008
Supporter
I think those are floaties....

-Peter
|

User Profile
replied September 20th, 2008
Community Volunteer
What you describe appears to be floaters (I get them once in a while)...

However I would suggest that you visit your eye doctor to rule out anything serious.

~Zig
|

replied November 25th, 2008
SOmething simular...
I have had a "spot" on my right eye for years,it started off as a little black dot at about 8 O'Clock when I look at a white wall,book,etc. but about a year ago or more it developed a little "tail", looks like a little tadpole ,best way I can describe it. It's been there for years ,but is getting harder to ignore. I have no insurance,as hubby is at a new job,& w/ 3 kids,including a special needs baby,money is tight,so I haven't been able to go to the dr. Any ideas??
|

replied January 15th, 2010
I started to get a couple of grey spots in my vision. I where glasses and never had this problem before. nor does my family... I am worried about my vision. Its been like this n ow for about a month and have not seen a doc. For I think it will go away.. but it is not. I am thinking it is minor for now, but is it?
|

replied March 18th, 2010
Gray or Brown spots in vision
I think I have the same contition, started last night, I have been to optition this am, they said it is a burst blood vessle or vain. It could be perminant, but should take care of its self. Must however go to doctors as it could be blood pressure related and could be a pointer to something else.
|

replied December 5th, 2010
grey spots in vision
I went to hoapital today with grey spots in eyes,i have had them for a week,but had floaters for years,,the grey spots are from a gel that is around the retina and it can dislodge some fragments due to age,,i was told shoud go within 2 to 3 months if not go back to see what can be done surgically
|
Tags: vision
Quick Reply