Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Green Stool, Lots of Gas, Vomit

Must Read
We burp, belch and fart an average of 12 times a day. But why do we have gas? And what is intestinal gas?...the basics here....
Intestinal gas forms from two main sources - swallowed air and bacteria in the intestine. Plus, learn which factors to avoid to decrease the likelihood of gas....
How much gas is normal? Usually symptoms of gas and flatulence are more bothersome than serious. But learn when you should seek help for excessive gas here....
Hello,

I am having a problem with my Stomach for the last couple of months. I have had green stool and had to go more often. Secondly even though I take imodium and pepto it doesnt seem to ever be normal. Not only that but it usually smells a lot worse then normal. Also I have had abnormally smelly gas along with after eating at times I have to had to throw up (mostly regurg/vomit)

To finish off I have had some pains in my left side and also feel constantly sick after eating.

I would really like to know if I have E Coli, an Ulcer or something because this is abnormal for my self to have these problems. Before I was fairly regular and have not had a history of stomach problems.

PLEASE HELP!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 11th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I am not doctor by far, but very familiar with your problem. Normally E coli does need an antibiotic and should be seen by a doctor. Now days you really have to be careful.
Secondly, you have to remember that the color of you stools have everything to do with what you each. My stools sometimes are perfect green (light) colored. That happens when I have had no red meat for awhile. Everything you eat comes out the other end and will reflect the color of what you eat last.
See a doctor please.

Carrie
|

replied April 14th, 2008
Unsure if related health problem .but its still a problem
I am only 19 years old and for a cpl years now i have endured constant regurg/ slight throw up. At first i saw a doctor who said it could be heartburn for eating too much spicy food and or caffine..so i stoped in the caffine and toned it down on the spicy food yet still find myself spitting up pieces of spinah with bubbly saliva after eating, or find myself rechewing on my desert at the table. Its realy grose i know..yet i stilll dont know how to treat it. i tried prilosec and other heart burn meds..what should i do?
|

replied April 15th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
See your doctor about Gerd (Acid Refux) sometime those over the counter things do not work for that. This is not heart burn, this is altogether a different disorder. Sure sounds like Gerd to me. Hearburn medications will not work with it. You need a perscription for something esle. I am on a medication every morning for Gerd and have been for 3 years now. I think you will find a major difference.
|

replied May 21st, 2008
stomach prob
Hi. My daughter is 5 and has been sick now since last Tues.- a little over a week. She has been Having bad stomach aches, green diarrhea, and vomits after eating anything. She now does not want to eat anything because every time she does she gets sick. I took her in to see a doctor on monday and he gave her Pepcid. He said that she most likely has acid reflux, and as far as the diarrhea she must have gotten some bug. well so far nothing has changed. Now she is sleepy and weak from not gettiing any nourishment. I have been pushing the water and gatorade. I'm wondering if I should bring her back in- If this could be something other than what he said.
|

replied May 21st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Re: stomach prob
imdn74 wrote:
Hi. My daughter is 5 and has been sick now since last Tues.- a little over a week. She has been Having bad stomach aches, green diarrhea, and vomits after eating anything. She now does not want to eat anything because every time she does she gets sick. I took her in to see a doctor on monday and he gave her Pepcid. He said that she most likely has acid reflux, and as far as the diarrhea she must have gotten some bug. well so far nothing has changed. Now she is sleepy and weak from not gettiing any nourishment. I have been pushing the water and gatorade. I'm wondering if I should bring her back in- If this could be something other than what he said.

I think you both need to see about this. You really need to think about dehydration at this point. Keep pushing that Electrolyte sourse.
|

replied January 29th, 2009
Dark green stools and pain in the flank and lower back
I have had pain in both of my sides for awhile now. I am 44 years old. I have no health problems that I know of. The pain use to be on the right side only but now it is on both sides and my lower back. The pain has gotten more severe over the last month. I also have pain in my abdomen sometimes after I eat. Also, my stools have been dark green in color at times, not all of the time. Please help. Should I be worried?
|

replied April 20th, 2011
did you get an answer?
|

replied January 4th, 2012
heavy gas and green vomit and diarhea
I have had a green vomit like dark Mt. DEW both my vomit and diarhea I didnt eat anytrhing for 2 days as I could hold nothing down not even water. What is that green stuff thats coming out of me ?
|

replied January 4th, 2012
heavy gas and green vomit and diarhea
I have had a green vomit like dark Mt. DEW both my vomit and diarhea I didnt eat anytrhing for 2 days as I could hold nothing down not even water. What is that green stuff thats coming out of me ?
|