Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Green mucus with stool

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
Hello all I have recently been experiencing a green mucus around my solid stool (No diarrhea) I have searched and cannot find the cause of this. could it be from an infection? The only food i have ate that could cause it would be a blue mountian dew i drank but that was almost 3 days ago and it is still here.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 13th, 2009
Advanced Support Team
Well the mountain dew could do it, but there are other things as well such as food coloring, eating lots of green vegetables, or food passing too quickly. If it doesn't go away you should consider getting it checked out by a doctor.
|

replied July 13th, 2009
Thanks for the quick reply, other than the mountian dew I havn't really ate any vegetables since either.
|

replied July 16th, 2009
Different colored stool (dark green is the latest)
I'm having the same problem. I've been dealing with soft stools for a week or two now (not quite diarrhea), and it's been several different colors, from clay colored to beige to light brown to dark brown to dark green. Also, I've been going like 3 times in the morning and a lot is passing each time. I haven't eaten ANYTHING green in the past week. Lastly, I have also been experiencing dull aching in my abdomen and lower back that has nothing to do with my cycle (period or ovulating. I've made a dr. appt, but I could only get one for a month from now. I'm worried!
|
Quick Reply