Medical Questions > Cancer > Colon Cancer Forum

Green mucos in my stool

Must Read
Colorectal cancer is serious and life-threatening. This section outline types of colorectal cancers, causes and risk factors for development. Get the facts here...
Although most colon cancers begin slowly, there are some people who are more at risk of developing colorectal cancer than others. But who? And why?...
As symptoms of colorectal cancer appear, they typically vary upon location and size. Learn to identify signs and symptoms early. Know when to seek help....
My boyfriend was in severe pain for three days from a small lump on his anus which he thinks busted because the pain has lessened and there was some bleeding. The bleeding has stopped but now for the past three days he has had nothing but green mucus as a bowl movement. I am really worried please help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 29th, 2010
Based upon your description, this is most likely an external hemorrhoid that has "thrombosed" (clotted) and bled. However, other lesions of the anus can cause these symptoms, and since I cannot examine him, he should have this area examined by his doctor, just to be safe.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

www.oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|

replied August 30th, 2010
thanks so much for you reply, very helpful.
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Colon Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.