Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

Gray front tooth

Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
I am having thousands of dollars worth of dental work done. My dentist recently placed porcelain crowns on 5 upper front teeth. The teeth are beautiful except for one front tooth. That tooth had a root canal and a crown placed 30 yrs ago. When my dentist put on the new crown, the black stub of tooth shows through. He said he could replace the crown with a metal backed crown but that it wouldn't match the other 4 crowns, "probably." He said since the blackness doesn't "show" when I smile, that it isn't "that bad." It is bad to me. I have paid $4,000 for those 5 teeth which I had crowned so that they would all match. I need to know what alternative there is to fixing this gray tooth. I think he ought to be able to remove this crown and treat the black stub with something but all he suggests is replacing it with a crown that won't match the other teeth. I am left wondering why I started all this work if they aren't going to match! Thanks for some advice!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 9th, 2009
Totally understandable. I suggest you consult another dentist. I can really see no reason why they can't match it to the color of your other crowns.
Check out though the different types of crowns: http://the-dental-makeover.com/dif ferent-types-of-tooth-crowns/ because if yours is from bad materials it might be harder.
|
Did you find this post helpful?