Medical Questions > Parenting > Kids Health and Pediatrics Forum

Grandchild can't walk or talk at 4?

What illnesses or disease can effect a child's ability to walk or speak. I have a 4 yr old granddaughter who took her fist step when she was 1 yr old and 3 weeks later she could stand up and she can't control her body. this affected her eyes, mobility, and speech. She can crawl,she can stand as long as she is holding onto something, she can see and understand but can not walk or talk. She is 4 years old and quite tall too tall to be crawling.Her feet are narrow and flat as though the muscle has been changed. I am desperate for information and solution. If someone can help me please respond.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Grandmother123
|

User Profile
replied September 30th, 2011
have the drs looked at her? It soulds a bit like maybe spina bifida or similar disorder. I would get her referred to a pediatrician and get thenm to run tests.
|

replied January 8th, 2012
My granddaughter is in the same situation - 4 years old can't walk and talk. Every possible test was normal. She was never been checked for spina bifida. I did some internet research and think it's a possible.
Please, grandmother123, let me know if you did something successful. Or somebody with some helpful info.
Thank's in advance.
|
Quick Reply