Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gout Forum

Gout complications

Must Read
Gout is a common type of arthritis and accounts for about 5% of all cases of arthritic condition. But what is gout and what are the stages of this condition?...
Gout manifest for physical reasons...but what puts you at a greater risk of developing the disease? What risk factors should you avoid?...
Gout present symptoms mainly in the joints. Learn which signs to look for, and when you should seek medical help and diagnosis of gout....
A little back story...

I have had gout for many many years... Im 35 years old, but I started some of my first attacks when I was 25.

My grandfather has it, my mother has it, so LUCKY ME.. I have it.

Everything that effects gout is my favorite. Spicy food, High Protein food, Wine and Shell Fish. I cut down as much as possible.

Normally I get it across the bridge of my foot. Oddly I have never got gout in my toe. But I have noticed that my Gout moves from joint to joint.

It went from my foot, too my knee and now it seems its going into the Hip. One night I was in so much pain I was sweating. Its is a horrible attack, one im still trying to cope with. Im 35 and Im walking like im 95.

I had a Uric Acid test and it was in fact a level of 15. My doctor told me that when he gets attacks its around a 7. He also has gout, so he knows what I'm going through.

The issue im having is my liver enzymes were very high due to the fact that I drink a lot. They were 122. He wants me not to drink or take any pain meds for 2 weeks so I can have another blood test to see if the enzymes go down.

It's been one week and I have been living off of water, salads, very little protein, and not a drop of alcohol. The gout seems to be as strong as it was prior.

Does anyone know ANY pain medication that does not effect the liver?

Is moving gout a common thing?

Thanks
Joe
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 23rd, 2011
I can't say if there is a liver complications but I use NATEUCA? its a eucalyptus spray and it really controls the pain of gout for me. I like all natural stuff and this is 100% natural. I hope this helps you. I found it online it works for me immediately.
|
Did you find this post helpful?