Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gout Forum

Gout and Vitamin B12

Must Read
Gout is a common type of arthritis and accounts for about 5% of all cases of arthritic condition. But what is gout and what are the stages of this condition?...
Gout manifest for physical reasons...but what puts you at a greater risk of developing the disease? What risk factors should you avoid?...
Gout present symptoms mainly in the joints. Learn which signs to look for, and when you should seek medical help and diagnosis of gout....
I've had two really bad gout attacks.
The first one lasted (to one degree or another) for almost 5 months. I tried changing my diet, natural remedies, colon cleanses and acupuncture. It finally subsided.

The next big attack happened several years later and I was determined not to suffer as long as the first time. I went on a VERY strict gout diet along with things like bromelain, celery seed extract, and black cherry extract. I got the symptoms under control very quickly, but they seemed to come and go, so I realized that my diet wasn't the issue.

Then, by mere chance I read an article about the benefits of Vitamin B12 (spray) and I decided to take some. It had nothing to do with my gout. I took it for other reasons.

Within a day, my gout symptoms were gone! And they never came back.

Now, whenever I feel my big toe starting to hurt, I use the B12 spray and the symptom goes away. For me, the gout attack and the acid condition are triggered by stress and the depletion of Vitamin B12.

Hope that helps!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 11th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy

replied December 3rd, 2011
Casein / resveratrol for gout
My hubby has had gout for more than 10 years. Flares and pain seem to be getting worse as time goes by. We have tried everything. I recently read about the benefits of casein and resveratrol for gout. This lead me to a product called purixa. It seems that casein and resveratrol along with vitamin c can help excrete uric acid. I'll let you know if this stuff works.
|

replied March 15th, 2012
hi i have just been told i got gout and b12 supplements are no good for me as i have pernicious anemia and i have injections and these do not make a difference to pains in my toes so it may help you but it may not necessarily help others i am glad that it is helping and we all must find what helps us all ive heard about black cherry juice
|

replied March 20th, 2012
mbeck,

Vitamin B12 seems to have done magic for you. Have you tried eating B12 tablets ? Is B12 spray like a pain relief spray available over the counter ?
|