Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

gooey snot-like discharge ? It's every day!

Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....
User Profile
I have been having a gooey snot-like vaginal discharge constantly, every day for the past 6 months or so. It is clear or white and does not have an odor, nor is there any pain associated with it. Many people say it may be related to ovulation, but its every day! I have always had a noticeable increase of discharge during ovulation and it is very much like ovulation discharge.... but its every day! I'm not constantly ovulating,right? so what else could be going on? also I am not on any birth control, I have two kids, I am not currently sexually active, if any of that info helps...

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 29th, 2012
Ovulation and Ovaries Answer A37509
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
You can experience changes in your vaginal discharge throughout your menstrual cycle. The response varies as your body/vagina responds to these hormonal level changes. Few women experience increased discharge during their peak fertile/reproductive years. If you are worried, you can consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist for thorough examination and vaginal swab/smear test done on vaginal discharge to confirm/rule out infective causes. Get started on treatment as appropriate (based on examination and investigations results) to help you control the symptoms. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle. Avoid vaginal douching, use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid use of tight fitting clothes. Avoid sweat accumulation in the area. Keep area clean and dry.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Ovulation and Ovaries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.