Medical Questions > Relationships > Broken Hearted Forum

Gonorrhea and Chlamydia for life ?

Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
User Profile
I just got back into a physical relationship with my child's father and I just found out that I have Gonorrhea and Chlamydia. Will I have these for life? Or will the antibiotics take them away for good?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 24th, 2009
Hi Lizzy, do you know how long you have had it? Antibiotics should clear the infection but you should see your doctor about the after affects of having them both
|

User Profile
replied July 24th, 2009
Thank you for the reply I really appreciate it. I am not sure how long I have had it, I found out today.
|

User Profile
replied July 25th, 2009
Supporter
only herpes 1 & 2, hiv, Aids, gential warts is permanent.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied April 25th, 2011
Hsv -1 & 2 facts and how society views them.
Real fast about hsv1 and hsv2 couple things not many people know. First hsv1 is the cold sore kind but once you've had cold sores they can show up at anytime below your waist. Hsv1 stays dormant behind the base of the ear when it is not active. It stays above the waist the majority of the time but as stated before it can move occasionally to other locations. Ie :below the waist.

Hsv2 shares 50% of its dna with hsv1 meaning the antibodies your body builds up against hsv1 gives you some protection against hsv2. (40% chance of getting hsv2 with hsv1) 80% of the population have hsv1 by the time they reach 50-60 yrs of age. 50% acquire hsv1 as children. Hsv2 stays below your waste the majority of the time. It is acquired by sexual contact with the other person. Ie: touching through intercourse. Like hsv1 hsv2 has a preference which is at the base of the spine. It rarely will travel above the waist. Meaning on your face. So if you have oral with another person chances are it's hsv-1. Apart from the outbreak that will happen after contact with the genitals you will probably only see this outbreak once.

Now for one I've had cold sores which means I have hsv1 which is currently dormant. The way society looks at hsv1 and hsv2 are completely different. Hsv1 is acceptable while hsv2 is frowned upon but the sick reality is that hsv2 is not very different from hsv1. As both can show up in opposite areas.

To any trolls attempting to slam my post as not factual...

Don't feel bad as those you stated are curable. Do note it does not mean that you can not get them again. (Immunity)

-Muro-
|

replied February 12th, 2012
I have been having a lot of weird symptoms lately. About a month ago, I was having a lot discharge coming from my vagina which was also itchy, now I have been feeling very, very nauseous, my stomach feels funny... I hate feeling like this. I'm just wondering is it's because I have gonorrhea? I don't know if I have it but I'll be going to the Doctors soon. Is gonorrhea something that stays for ever? Can it really be cured? This is scaring me a lot
|

replied September 4th, 2012
well shoot.. talk about a double whammy! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO!!!! giggle
|