This first manifested a year ago. It was painful to the touch and turning my head hurt. I was given antibiotics and the pain ceased, but the lump remained, only smaller. While suffering chest congestion, I noticed the lump was larger. Was given antibiotics again and was told to come back and let him check the lump, as I might need a cat scan to check it out. The lump is still golf ball size, just not painful. Since it is November (with insurance deductibles) I would rather wait until January to have the cat scan. Am I being cheap and stupid or would it be okay to wait?
I read your question and i understand your concern. Lump needs to be evaluated CAT scan, biopsy of the lump to assess by histopathology are some of the possible options.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
"Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals.
For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our
medical experts page.
You may also visit our Lymphoma , for moderated patient to patient support and information.
The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician.
Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.