Medical Questions > Abortion > Abortion Pro Life Forum

God's children

I just wanted to share the story of a good friend of mine.

At their routine ultrasound they found out that their babies lower limbs where short and also that there was a blockage in his kidneys. They were sent to a larger hospital for more testing. They found out that he may have skelatal dysplasia (I think that's how you spell it), and little or no kidney function. The Dr. then asked at that time if they wanted to continue to test or if abortion would be their choice. They responded point blank, of course they would continue to come there for more testing and ultrasounds. They ended up going every 2 weeks and things changed everytime they were there. They had alot of ups and downs. Lat month they noticed the amniotic fluid was very low. They went home and ended going back at the end of the week. They put her in the hospital in which she was there on full time monitor for about a week. They then decided to induce labor. He was only 33 weeks. But they decided that was best for him. I now had the chance to meet the sweet 2 week old. He has had many trials already and more to come. They are still unsure about many things and he was flown to another large hospital for a surgery to open his small airway. He is a wonder! He has more strength in his little body than many people have. As I looked at him and held his little hand (which only had 3 fingers) I saw no matter what they look like or what disabilities they have they are still God's children and perfect in the eyes of the lord. And well perfect in the eyes who love him. As we talked he was made the way he is and we will all love him that way it's what will make him who he is.

They were told the options and would have never thought of anything different than having the wonderful child. They would have rather had him for a short time then get rid of him because of the chances. I look up to them for their strength!

I hope the story touches you and you can put them in your prayers as they will have a long year ahead of them. But they are wonderful people and will make their sons life as normal and perfect as they can.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 2nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I will say a little pray for him.. Nope.. I will say a BIG one!
|

replied April 2nd, 2008
Experienced User
Thank you! He can use all the prayers big or small. So thank you agian!
|

replied April 11th, 2008
Experienced User
Just thought I would update for anyone reading this! He is doing ok they had a scare last weekend but he is doing alot better. He had a trech put in until he grows a little more before the do his surgery. His kidneys are doing something which they are happy about but he will eventually have a transplant. His lungs are doing better and he breaths on his own. His blood levels continue to go all over but that is because he does not have full function of his kidneys. So they just continue to monitor and change his medication. He is in a little sling to help a problem in his leg joints. He is a wonderful child and a little fighter! I'll keep updating for those who would like to know! Please keep him and his family in your prayers and/or thoughts!
|