Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

giving off excessive body heat

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
Hi. for about 3 months now i noticed my grilfreind gives off EXCESSIVE body heat. if i stand by her i can feel alot of heat coming off of her.

when you touch her skin she feels really really warm like she has a fever but she does not. her temp is 98.6.

it's kinda hard sleeping at night in bed with her because of all the heat she gives off. also when she is in the room the room gets hotter i notice and i need to turn the AC on. but when she is gone i just leave the fan on all day.

when she sits down on the bed or something and gets up..if you feel the spot where she was sitting/laying it's VERY warm. almost like a heating pad was on the bed.

what could the problem be? she is not preg and she tells me she does not feel that hot.

it's not just me who feels it. my freind touched her shoulder once and she asked why she is burning up.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile always_learning
|

User Profile
replied August 4th, 2008
Supporter
Hmmm. My husband has the same condition. It might be hormonal...but if it doesnt' bother her there might not be a problem. What's her base body temperature?
|

replied August 20th, 2008
My sister's boyfriend has this same problem. I have always wondered what causes it. She can't even sleep next to him because of it. Not much info on the internet from what I've seen.

*Bri
|

replied January 27th, 2009
Excessive body heat
My husband has the same thing. I wish I could find out what it is...I can't even sleep next to him. It overheats me. He is NOT sweating either.
|

User Profile
replied April 4th, 2009
Re: Excessive body heat
I was one of these human furnaces for as long as I can remember. This past January, I learnt (much to my surprise) that I had caffeine & sugar intolerances. I excluded all caffeine sources and un-natural sugar sources; and the excessive body heat went away. My total health has improved drastically since... I just wish I had learnt it about 25 years ago. Good luck!
|
Users who thank always_learning for this post: sailormoonwindsor 

replied October 30th, 2011
ive been having this problem for 10 years or so now... and it would make sense as im addicted to coffee... ill do my best to cut it out of my daily routine and see if it helps....thanks alot for the advice! Smile
|

User Profile
replied January 11th, 2012
Hi Overheated,
Cut caffeine out completely (from all sources) for just 2 weeks. Completely eliminating it is really the only way to know what effects it is actually having on you.

Best of luck.
|

replied January 9th, 2012
...I know this is a very old thread I'm joining here... but this sounds a little like me and I'm just wondering how you worked out that you had caffeine/ sugar intolerances.
Thanks for your help...
|

User Profile
replied January 11th, 2012
Process of elimination. The main issue was caffeine itself. It has almost been 3 yrs since I went caffeine free & I'd never go back to it.
|

User Profile
replied January 13th, 2012
Hi always_learning, you seem so positive about this that I am going to try it. I suffer from this problem and am often used as a radiator. I am one of the only people on the London Underground that takes his coat off as soon as I get on, even now in winter, I do get funny stairs, but 5 minutes into the journey and I am suffering.
I am going to try this.
Thanks.
|

User Profile
replied January 13th, 2012
You're very welcome. Good luck in your search for the cause of your overheating OridiusMorphius.
|

User Profile
replied May 3rd, 2012
Excess body heat and weight loss
Always-learning,
My husband has this problem and he is extremely addicted to coffee. He is also steadily losing weight at about 2 lbs a week. If he was 300 lbs this would be ok, but he only weighs 142 right now. He is also 77 yrs old and I'm concerned about the weight loss. He has been tested for cancer and thyroid issues and they have found nothing. Could the excess body heat be making him lose weight?
|

replied November 18th, 2009
excessive heat
It can be because of ushna prakruti..just advice Paripathadi kadha ..it will surely work to reduce excessive heat
|

replied February 1st, 2010
This is something I suffer from.. it actually gets irritating at night when my bed sheets get REALLY hot and I have to push them off (and its winter!!).. I've been trying to research it but there isn't much online about this. I just have to keep trying. I'll try @always_learning's suggestion about the caffeine and sugar intolerance.
|

replied January 20th, 2011
body heat
This is what I found out last night:
Cell Function Determines Heat
Many individuals with sluggish thyroid symptoms are not cold and may even be hot. Remember, normal cell energy production is 65% energy and 35% heat. In classic low thyroid both numbers drop. However, if thyroid hormone is still signaling cells to go, but cells lack nutrients to properly make energy, then a person may make 50% energy and 50% heat. If the problem worsens a person could make 35% energy and 65% heat. Such a problem will present itself as low thyroid, but it is really a deficiency in energy-producing nutrients like co-enzyme B vitamins, malic acid, Q10, magnesium, and antioxidants.*

A common reason for low thyroid symptoms with excess heat occurs in the overweight individual. In this case the body is trying to dispose of surplus fat calories by converting them to 100% heat. Even though cells are not making adequate energy or heat for proper metabolic purposes, the heat is coming from the desperate attempt of the body to get rid of fat so it doesn�t clog organs, cells, and arteries. Eating according to the Leptin Diet really helps solve this problem.

Those with thyroid problems often have trouble with temperature extremes, especially hot and cold days. Hot humid days are stressful; frigid winter days are stressful. The body�s heat regulating system simply struggles to keep up with environmental demands, especially when they are more extreme.

The ability to heat up during exercise and cool down following exercise is a test of the thyroid system and a vital necessity for staying physically fit. Easily overheating from exercise, especially in warmer weather, is a sign of weakness in the thyroid system as is becoming too weak or dizzy during moderate exercise. Aging is generally associated with deteriorating thyroid function and troubles regulating body temperature.

taken from: Saturday, November 03, 2007 - Byron Richards
|

replied November 1st, 2011
Thanks for the direction to start. I've always been a furnace at night. My wife loves it in the winter and, wekk, you know the rest. I'll stop the coffe and cola and look into the thyroid nutrients. Its a place to start. I always thought everybody did it.
|

User Profile
replied May 3rd, 2012
Re: Excess body heat and weight loss
@lalauni65,

There is no way I say could say that it is. My experience is that the excessive body heat radiating off someones body for no other identifiable reason, is probably an indicator that the body is responding to something it doesn't like. It's a symptom of another underlying issue... not one in and of itself. Possibly an allergy. But it could be anything really. You learn through process of elimination. Mine was caffeine. Others could be Wheat, Dairy, eggs etc...

Back when I still consumed caffeine I did go through a period of one month where I had only a weak appetite at best, and lost approx 15 lbs unintentionally. I saw the Doctor and no cause was found. Could be entirely coincidental.

lalauni65 wrote:
Always-learning,
My husband has this problem and he is extremely addicted to coffee. He is also steadily losing weight at about 2 lbs a week. If he was 300 lbs this would be ok, but he only weighs 142 right now. He is also 77 yrs old and I'm concerned about the weight loss. He has been tested for cancer and thyroid issues and they have found nothing. Could the excess body heat be making him lose weight?
|

User Profile
replied May 4th, 2012
@fortistourism

Hi,
When I talk about "giving off excessive body heat / radiating excessive body heat", I'm not talking about a fever or overheating. But I am happy you posted what you did for clarification purposes.

Since I was a child up until I quit consuming caffeine my body radiated excessive body heat no matter what time of the year it was. It did not matter if I was awake and active or sleeping. Many people said it was "like standing next to a furnace" when they were close to me. It didn't result in any extra sweating.

During those years I know I was at additional risk for overheating and heat stroke. I think my body was too busy belting off the extra heat on a regular basis that an extra warm or hot environment was just a little too much demand. So I avoided being outside on hot summer days or being stuck in a car without air-conditioning for any length of time. Other then that... there was no problem.

Presumably I was in good health (my issues with caffeine were about another 25 years away from being discovered).
|

replied April 8th, 2014
Summer heat problems
I have problems related to heat during summers, like, especially I have observed that if some days its too hot or if I am outside under the sun for a long time, i get pain in the stomach, around naval region, while passing urine. Doc says urine is clear, I don't have burning sensation etc. But a sharp pain while passing urine and have to stop the flow as it can't be emptied in one go like normal case. In that case I can't even stand up properly striaght until the sensation reduces and it reduces when I take CITAL (India medicine which has disodium hydrogen citrate). After I take a couple spoons of it 2-3 times, it gets alright. It freaks me out as I have been having this problem since last 20 years I would say. I dread summers for this reason. Please advise.
|
Quick Reply