Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

GIST 1cm found in stomach with submuscosal lessions

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
Hi there. I am a 39yr old female, I have had a stomach ache for over a year now, with variations in my bowel movements and bloating of the stomach area. These seem to have started following a colposcopy for cinIII. Since that time I have been backwards and forwards to the doctor regarding this and was getting to the stage where I thought perhaps it's just me!
A couple of weeks ago I was admitted to hospital with severe pain located just under my bottom right rib, which was suspected gall bladder infection. I had an ultrasound, which showed it wasn't that. I then had an endoscope(? - camera into the stomach) and it showed a 1cm lump (described as a GIST) with submuscosal lessions and a biopsy was taken - which shows clear. Bloods show normal too.
I am really quite anxious, I have a ct scan nxt tuesday, then the consultant on wednesday.
Has anyone had anything similar? or does anyone know if there is it likely they would operate?
thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|