Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

girlfriend with paranoid schizophrenia keeps leaving

Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....
I have a gfrd of 5 years and a son 3. she had paranoid schizophrenia and weve had alot of problems. shes left me 5 times and is gone right now. she is one hard cookie to please and thinks i dont love her so she leaves. she has cheated on me lied done drugs tells everyone our business and everything is my fault no matter how hard i try. i know she loves me but she gets so confused she doesnt know what she wants. and she leaves. but she doesnt say good bye she leaves while imn at work and takes our son and leaves the state. i just want to know how to make her happy so she doesnt leave if she doesnt come back. and if she doesnt i am really scared for her to be raising our son by herself. she cannot make any decisions on her own, none. she wastes all her money on beer lotterytickets and drugs. while i struggle. then she complains when we dont have anything. she says she loves me and its not me but shes just unhappy and i cant do anything to fix it and she leaves. i dont understand
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 14th, 2012
as a schizophrenic as I'm told. There is nothing you can ever do for her as she is acting like this. My advice get custody of the child let her have supervised visitation and leave her! The best thing you can do for her is make sure she has a good Dr. and that she is taking her meds she needs to live alone or with other people in a hospital she will only bring chaos into your life I know because I do the same thing to people when I'm in a relationship I choose to be single as I do not wish to subject anyone to my drastic mood swings. Either do this or be prepared for a lot of bad drama. Sorry
|

replied April 15th, 2012
how do i get custody just on her mental illness. i know she doesnt take her meds regularly but cant prove it. i know she does drugs but cant prove it unless i have her submit to a drug test early enough after she has. she is doing crack and pot while she is taking care of my son but cant prove it. in fact she goes to great lengths to make me the bad person and her sister said she has done that for the last ten years since she was diagnosed. she is not a stable person and i want my son to have a stable life. i also take care of my elderly father and when they are all home and im at work my dad says she stays in the room all day and he takes care of my son. she tells everyone how bad i am to make a case to leave because she knows she has to and fears herself losing custody. this is a very hard situation and i dont know what to do and im really scared for my sons safety. she is only going to get worse. her mother did and her uncle and hes in a home right now for it. she is unfit and i dont see how anyone can say she is fit enough to raise a child alone.
|

replied April 15th, 2012
Active User, very eHealthy
She knows that you don't love her, you know that right?

In fact, almost everytime in history that someone, anyone, has said that they were lying, the funny thing is that people actually believe it these days, it's the most grand delusion of grandeur we have ever witnessed.

Not only do people, everyone, hardly like eachother at all, although there is the honeymoon phase, they most certainly care not for eachother's well being or most of the time even their own.

Her problem it sounds isn't only the schizophrenia, it's being like everyone else in almost everyway.

So what you need to actually do is do some thinking on our little situation down here.

We are just like you almost in everyway, thats our biggest problem.
|

replied April 15th, 2012
she may think in her mind that i dont love her. when its really her that doent love me. what im more afraid of is her haveing our son and being so unstable and her drug use. she cannot hold a stable job and when she has one she waists all her money then if i wasnt there what would my son do. she cannot make the simplest decisions how can she raise our son alone. i will not let this happen no matter what i have to do. i will stand by her and her illness but if it comes down to it she will be alone without our son.
|

replied April 15th, 2012
Active User, very eHealthy
So in all actuality we should all change for the better or just leave everyone, but then everyone would be alone, make your desicion.
|

replied April 19th, 2012
As a child of a schizophrenic mother, I urge you to get custody of your son. I live in New Zealand and my father fought for 18 months to get custody of my sisters and I, that was back in 1984 when I was 9 years-old. We were severely neglected. It is a terrible burden for a young child to have to cope with. You really do need to think of your son, primarily, and what is best for him. She needs the time to sort herself out but please don't let her drag him around. He will suffer for it.
|
Quick Reply