Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

getting palpitations at least once a day...

Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
User Profile
Hi,

My Grandfather died before I was born on my Fathers side. He was just turned 40 and died from Atherosclerosis, I've always been aware that I could be at risk and last year I started getting shortness of breath and would wake up gasping for air. I had this checked out and had an ECG I was also given blood tests and was told my blood work was basically perfect.

In the last month I have been getting palpitations at least once a day and at most three times a day.

I have done my research and have been told that if you have had an ECG and it has come back fine, there is no way that you have an underlying heart condition. This seemed strange to me. Anyway the same poster I am referring to who said this is a retired doctor. Their explanation was that the vagus nerve causes these palpitations and are completely harmless.

Should I still be worried or are these palpitations probably benign?

Did you find this post helpful?
|