Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

getting circumcised at 16 ?

Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
i want to get circumcised, and i am 16 years old.

are there any reasons why i shouldn't?

my main reason for wanting to is because i am uncomfortable with being un-cut, and I am in confident when it comes to presenting to women
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Poppop760
|

replied January 20th, 2009
hi
im circumcised and i think there is no real big deal if u are not..anyway if thats gon make u feel better then do it , just be prepared cos its gon be painful..i was circumcised when i was a few weeks old guess im lucky not to feel the pain)))
|

replied January 21st, 2009
i got cut when i was born. i like it, but i've heard uncut knobs feel more pressure. o well
|

replied February 2nd, 2009
Experienced User
I would wait until you are older.
In my honest opinion, I would wait until you are a bit older to make the decision. I was circumcised at birth (against my will) and upon realizing what was taken from my, I strongly wish I had that (foreskin) back. Once you realize how it works and functions during sex I think you will find it worth wile to hang onto
|

replied February 3rd, 2009
Experienced User
uncut
had it done when i was 23 years old and regret it to this day, wish i had my foreskin back---sex was much better. considering getting it back by manual stretching
|

replied February 3rd, 2009
Experienced User
Re: uncut
atusas wrote:
had it done when i was 23 years old and regret it to this day, wish i had my foreskin back---sex was much better. considering getting it back by manual stretching

I have tried it, but it takes a great deal of time. I have seen a noticeable increase in skin, but its very hard to keep at.. I fully intend to finish one day though
|

replied March 30th, 2009
Getting Cut at 16
It's really dangerous to ask people if you should get cut or not. They will want you to do what THEY want, not what YOU want.
You already know that you want to get circumcised. That's all that matters. Is 16 a good age for it? You bet. Lots of uncut boys want to get cut, from around puberty on through final school years. Go for it.
That aside, lots of uncut boys find out they NEED to cut about then, because puberty, frequent erections and other changes finally reveal foreskin problems that were never discovered before. So many were never taught to keep their skins pulled back, frequently or permanently, so the penis head can stay clean and can grow and develop properly. Other remedies MAY work, but circumcision WILL work. Good luck.
|

replied March 29th, 2011
I wish my parents had had it done for me when I was an infant. When I saw a cut penis on a playmate at age 5 I wanted it done to me. I asked my mom but she did not under stand what I wanted. I gave up and did not finally get it done until I was in college at age 24.
I was glad to get it done then. It was so much more aesthetically good looking. I didn't try to hide it anymore when standing at a urinal taking a piss. I was proud of the look. Besides it was much easier to put a condom on without the foreskin there. It also felt much better with a condom being smooth on my penis.(Before it felt like a loose sock over the penis.)
I lost nothing when the foreskin was removed, but a smelly smegma producing penis, and I gained a beautiful
tool for sexual satisfaction. I say GO FOR IT!!! (I've had it both ways, I strongly prefer the cut version). Tiger28
|

replied June 5th, 2009
Hi,

I would highly recommend you do not listen to the above guy. Get circumcised if you want but leaving the skin pulled back permanently is NOT GOOD for your penis! You DO NOT need to pull the skin back on a permanent on even semi-permanent basis for the head to stay clean or develop properly. The skin should be pulled back during urination and also while showering for cleaning. I would suggest you wait a little while longer before you decide. Not telling you what you should do but remember the foreskin contains many nerves not present in other parts of the penis that respond to slight stretching and light touch and that your foreskin is a normal and natural part of your body and personally i would be reluctant to remove mine unless medically i had a reason and no other option.

Good luck with your decision
|

replied July 22nd, 2011
Me too
I am also 16 and want to get circumcised, does anyone know if you need parental consent? Because im not very comfortable discussing this with My parents
|

replied January 8th, 2012
16 year old hates foreskin & wants circumcision
I am also 16 and DETEST being uncut. I've wanted to be circumcised since I was 10 years old but never fount any good ways of doing it. I've concidered doing a self circumcision but the only thing I'm worried about is excessive bleeding. I too would accept any good advice on being circumcised & how would I be able to confront my parents about this but mostly towards my mom? Cauz I'm prety sure she wanted me cut but my father is against it. I've had a UTI, had smegma and had my foreskin smell really bad & all 3 things sucked. I wish for every male in the world to be circumcised but it's unfortunate to me that it's not like that. I've also seen other penises in my life is this normal? And it sucks that most of those unfortunate boys had their foreskins still on there penises. Anyways if anyone could answer it would be really appreciated!!! Smile Ohh ya I would definitely CIRCUMCISE my boys in the future nomater what so they don't go through the same as me!!!
|

replied January 26th, 2012
I am 16 and i got circumcised yesterday. I was just like you and always wanted to get it done! I never had the courage to talk to either of my parents about it, t'ill i got a girlfriend last year and decided it was time. I had experienced alot of painfull sex with my foreskin and finally told my mother. The way i explained is that i had a condition called Phymosis. What that means is i have tight foreskin and cannot retract it... making it difficult to clean and causes pain!

Now that i finally got it done after months of waiting for my surgery date... i can tell you i am pleased with it. It doesnt hurt at all because they numbed it and it lasted most of yesterday. This morning i didnt get wood so that was good aswell. What i recommend is that if you get it done, just stay possitive. I am going into day 3 now and im having more pain now than ever before. It shouldnt last though, just rest well and keep a possitive attitude! I am sure youll be pleased with what ever you chose!

P.S... DO NOT DO IT YOURSELF!!! I just got it done professionally and would never ever ever try this myself for the complicated stitches and what not... you would regret it doing it yourself very much and probably ruin your wang.

Good luck dude
|

replied February 28th, 2012
Hey there just wanted to say that I posted a post on top & know my dream of being circumcised is finally coming true. I'll be getting circumcised the first week of march 2012 all thanks to my girl friend. I told her I wanted it done and if she can help me it would be appreciated so she did research and all & she also asked our school nurse and the nurse gave us the right info needed. Know that I'm getting cut next week I just wanted to post so that you people know that it is possible to get circumcised at the age of 16.
The only thing you should know about though is that of you are in the same situation I'm in it will be really nerve reacking, but I don't care because I know that I want it done so I'm just fighting myself and I'm not not going to do it. Very Happy
So just so you know if I have it's when I'm older which I sure hope for Smile they WILL be CIRCUMCISED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. If you ask a doctor that you wanna be cut just lie to him and say that you had a lot of problems with your foreskin so that he/she will think more to it being necessary. Smile thx

Poppop760
|

replied February 8th, 2012
Im 16 as well and want to get mine done too..ive had a couple turn downs from girls because i was uncircumsized and it irritates me when it happens..but i want to know if it will cause damage?..i know it will be painfull
|

replied February 8th, 2012
Community Volunteer
I suggest you do some more research on foreskin and learn
a little more about what it is.
If you are rejected because you have foreskin I think
you need to find other girls who will appreciate you
for what you are not for what they want you to be.
|

replied February 15th, 2012
Circumsice your penis
Circumsion will definitely improve your sex life especially in oral sex.
|

replied February 28th, 2012
Hey there just wanted to say that I posted a post on top & know my dream of being circumcised is finally coming true. I'll be getting circumcised the first week of march 2012 all thanks to my girl friend. I told her I wanted it done and if she can help me it would be appreciated so she did research and all & she also asked our school nurse and the nurse gave us the right info needed. Know that I'm getting cut next week I just wanted to post so that you people know that it is possible to get circumcised at the age of 16.
The only thing you should know about though is that of you are in the same situation I'm in it will be really nerve reacking, but I don't care because I know that I want it done so I'm just fighting myself and I'm not not going to do it. Very Happy
So just so you know if I have it's when I'm older which I sure hope for Smile they WILL be CIRCUMCISED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. If you ask a doctor that you wanna be cut just lie to him and say that you had a lot of problems with your foreskin so that he/she will think more to it being necessary. Smile thx

Poppop760
|

replied March 27th, 2012
I have been circumcised today, I just want to know if it makes sex life any better or worse???
|

User Profile
replied March 30th, 2012
Experienced User
I was circumcised 3 weeks ago.
I can't answer for the sex life, although the orgasms achieved from masturbating have, so far, certainly been far more powerful.

However, as to whether these increased sensations are something that are likely to continue is a different matter, as it's as if I'm going through puberty again & having to re-learn how to masturbate. Whereas previously the glans would have been stimulated by the gliding motion of the foreskin, it is now mainly being stimulated directly, albeit with plenty of lube, although as the amount of foreskin removed was minimal, I do have quite a bit of remaining foreskin, which means I can sometimes manage to masturbate without the use of lube (although this can still be rather sore at times).

The point is, that although the glans is still extremely sensitive, over time this sensitivity is bound to diminish, so I imagine (regrettably) that the relative degree of the the orgasm is likely to diminish accordingly.
|
Quick Reply