Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

get soft during sexual intercourse

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
Hey there. I'm new to this forum and it seemed a great place to throw out my questions and concerns to see what advice and opinions I get from those who may know a bit more than I do.

I'm 24, about to be 25, and was a virgin by choice until I met my current girlfriend. I'm 5'11" and about 260 pounds. My first experiences in masturbation started when I was 13 years old in eighth grade. I have had no erectile or ejaculation problems since then. On average, I masturbate about once daily, sometimes once every two days.

My first sexual encounter was about six months ago when my girlfriend wanted to perform oral sex on me. Unaware of any problems, I had trouble "keeping it up" and simply blamed it on nerves, or inexperience. She was aware of my virginity. Several weeks later, we attempted actual intercourse and had no problems besides the typical "nerves".

Currently, we are trying to be sexually active, but in our most recent sexual experiences, either oral or vaginal, I simply "get soft" after starting out fully erect. I am unsure of what could be causing this problem and quite honestly, am a bit bothered by it. The only form of intimacy that has caused me to reach orgasm was her manual stimulation.

I don't know what to chalk this up to, perhaps I'm just used to the "feel" and pace of myself during mastubation, so I've tried to cut back on the frequency of that. I've also heard that men who do not start having sex before the age of 22 will encounter problems as well. I will soon be seeing my physician about this problem, however, if anybody out there is knowledgeable about this, or has experienced a similar problem, I'd appreciate any help, advice, or insight.

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thanks again!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 20th, 2008
Have the same problem
Hey man i have the same problem. Right in the middle of the sex sometimes i'll just lose the errection.
-----I've been masturbating since i was 13ish as well. And as far as i have seen, the masturbation is the cause. I masturbate at least once a day - once in a while if the girl goes away for a day or two that figure can jump. But If i stop cold, masturbating, for a couple of days and then have sex with my girlfriend, its not a problem.
The trouble is just not masturbating. heh.

Try it out - send me a post or a pm if it works for ya
|
Did you find this post helpful?