Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

GERD diagnosis

Must Read
GERD affects up to 20% of all American adults. But what are the characteristics of this gastro-intestinal disease? And what are some effects of GERD?...
GERD can be uncomfortable. But who is at risk of developing GERD? And what muscle is responsible for GERD? Read on for risk factors and causes of GERD here....
How do you know if you're having heartburn or a heart attack? We define symptoms of both ... plus details on when to seek help for GERD here....
Hello ~

I am at my wits end.... I have been suffering with nausea/dizziness/weakness since October 2008. I have had tons of testing done (colonoscopy, endoscopy, HIDA scan, small bowel series, CT scan, sonograms) and the only diagnosis has been iron deficiency anemia and acid reflux. I have been treated for the anemia with IV treatments and prescription iron, but continue to be nauseous 4-5 days a week. I also have begun experiencing black tary stools and sharp quick pains in my lower back. I don't know what else can be done from a GI standpoint and wonder what other type of doctor I should see...... I am at a loss and living on 4-6 TUMS a day just to get through. I am young (34) and can't bear the thought of not knowing what is wrong. It is very frustrating.
Did you find this post helpful?
|