Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

Genital warts on mouth ?

Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
I have genital warts on my penis and around my anus. I want to be sure I am taking the proper precautions so that I will not pass on genital warts to anyone else. There is a possibility that I may have scratched the area where I am infected with genital warts with my bare hand, and then possibly touched my mouth. I have read that the strains of hpv that cause genital warts do not spread to the mouth. Can I be certain that I am able to kiss relatives and loved-ones on the mouth without spreading hpv to them? Should I worry about touching my mouth and then shaking someone's hand? Should I be concerned about sharing a glass with another person? What precautions can I take to be certain those around me are safe?
Thank you.
Bluesharpie
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 3rd, 2012
I really want 2 know if people can get warts in the mouth from doing oral sex with sum1 that have gential warts
|
Did you find this post helpful?