Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

Genital Warts looking for answers/advice

Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
Hi Everyone,

So, my bf and I are coming up to 2 years together. About 3 weeks ago he noticed a bump around his shaft. Honestly it looked like a skin tag to me and we didnt really think anything about it. The following week another one showed up, so he started googling and came to the conclusion that it was a skin tag or warts. We have both been faithful and this is why neither of us were even thinking warts but thought to be safe he would go and get checked. When he came out of the doctors office, he said I have good and bad news, we walked to the car and as soon as the doors closed and he looked at me and i knew just by his face that it was not good. He told me the doctor said it was warts but, it is so early and they are so small that they will be no problem to get rid of them. I just started crying, never in a 100 years would i have though this is what the outcome was gonna be. The doctor had said that either one of us could have contracted the virus from a past relationship (so 2-3 years ago) and only now be showing. His ex was cheating on him and I have a pretty good feeling mine was cheating on me. So now I am scheduled to go in and see if I have the warts as well. I dont have anything on the outside that i can see but, i know i could have them on the inside. I am just in a mix of emotions, my bf and I have been talking about this openly but, i guess i am looking for some word of advice from people who have already gone through this stage. My bf is totally destroyed right now, he is trying to be his fun loving self but, he has broken down a few times. He is disgusted with himself, he feels like he has ruined my life. He is also scared that come my appointment I will be clear and leave him. I have so many questions but, im not gonna ask them all now, i guess what i am looking for is just someone it say it will be ok. I have always been very open with my family and talk to them about everything but, this is something I do not want to talk about with them. I know i haven't been diagnosed with warts yet but, i pretty much figure it's what they are gonna say. I feel so gross, like i should trap myself in my room and not be around other people. I guess one thing i would like to know is, if i am clear should i get the gardisle vaccine? I am 25 right now, so I have 1 year felt to get it. If i got this vaccine would that prevent me from getting the virus from my bf? I have a feeling if I am clear he will end things with me because he is so mad with himself right now thinking he has ruined our lives.

Anyways, before i ramble any longer. Any comments would be helpful.
Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied July 20th, 2011
Experienced User
hi guys, it's best to consult your doctor first and stop panicking. i treated mine with wartscide, it's a liquid treatment that you just have to apply. but i got myself diagnosed first before using it. then abstain while on treatment.
|

User Profile
replied August 1st, 2011
Experienced User
You DO know that HPV and genital warts are VERY VERY common, right? about 80% of the population IN THE U.S. has it. It is nothing to be worried about as your body usually rids itself of the virus within a few years, but you can't just rely on that for an answer. rare types of HPV may cause cervical cancer so MAKE SURE to follow up with ALL of your appointments. It really is okay and it is nothing to be ashamed of, it will happen to everyone, eventually. so be strong, i hope you and your boyfriend are still together, and stay happy- it's not as bad as it sounds.
|

replied August 7th, 2011
Experienced User
just be faithful with whatever treatments you are on. and have a regular appointment with your doctor to see if the treatment is effective or not. focus on this rather than the other implications. here are some good treatments that you can check out: ACV, tea tree oil, Oxyfend Zerowarts, Wartscide, laser treatment.
|

replied August 27th, 2011
i understand where you are coming from. i am actually just around your age but i had known that i have herpes for 3 years already. it would be best to wait first for the results before proceeding with any treatment. i have learned a lot about this disease and i got to know that your thinking and mind can help in minimizing the breakouts. we are so young and we should not let this get hold of us.
|