Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

genital warts how long can you have it before showing symptoms

Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
I have just been to the dr and told i have genital warts. What i'd like to know is how long you can have the virus before you actually get warts? the reason i ask is i'm a 30yo male and have never had them before i have been in a relationship for 7 years during which i have been completely faithful, but i have had doubts about my girlfriend always been signs that she may of been cheating but never had enough proof. Is it possible I have had the virus all these years without knowing or is it most likely that due to my partner being unfaithful.
Not so much a medical question but i would really like answers as to how i got this
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ZeaZag
|

replied August 2nd, 2012
OK, here's the thing, I have warts for about 8 month now, did a lots of research.
I'll give you some of the credible websites such as CDC and dermatology doctor forum for you to review later on.

But simply put, There's no abusolute way to tell either you're not contagious no more or not, but eventually 90% of people will clear the virus out of their body within 2 years. That's because it takes about 2 years for the immune system to regonize and release enough interleukin to interfer the virus duplication.

Most importantly, you need to realize a fact: when people say "hpv is not curable" they're being inaccurate about it. Even most MDs are just general practioners, they don't have specific studies and knowledge on the HPV matter.

In fact, there are more than 100 types of HPV, most of them are harmless and so many people have them already.
but the hpv virus that cause the genital warts are "Low-risk-hpvs", and it's not the same as hpv virus that can cause cancers in women, those are "High-risk-hpvs".

Genital warts WILL EVENTUALLY GO AWAY, but you have to keep on getting treatments for your warts, either gel, cream, frezee off, doesnt' matter, as long as you're healty. Nobody have ever found to keep growing genital warts forever. (it's proven case study)

As time pass by, the longer you're warts-free, the less likely you can pass it on to someone else. due to your immune system producing more "interleukin" to fight the virus and surpress it to a minimum level that may not be dectected by HPV antibody blood test.

ONLY A FEW TYPES OF HPV (USUALLY HIGH-RISK ONES THAT CAUSE CANCER) WILL STAY IN YOUR BODY FOREVER, BUT NOT THE LOW-RISKS ONES THAT CAN CAUSE THE GENITAL WARTS,
DON'T ARGUE ME WITH THIS, IT WAS RIGHT OFF THE CDC'S PDF HANDBOOK 2012 VER.

But rmb, always use a condom, not only prevents others, but most importnatly, urself. cuz we're already so luckly that we didn't catch the HIV, so, careful from now on.

CITATIONS:
http://www.cdcnpin.org/stdawareness/the-fa cts/english/04_Genital_HPV.pdf

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genital_wart

http://www.asccp.org/PracticeManagement/HP V/NaturalHistoryofHPV/tabid/5962/Default.a spx
|

replied November 7th, 2012
Hi, Zeazag I would just like to ask if you still have warts until now? if not anymore, which method did you use to get rid of them? If warts are gone, is it over for us to have sex with new partner again?
|

replied September 25th, 2012
There are so many differencing explanations of genital warts. I found your post helpful and uplifting if I am honest! Please see my experience with genital warts uk regarding my experience with them. Thank you.
|