Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

Genital wart or mole

Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
User Profile
A year ago, I was diagnoses with HPV with the high risk types. About that time, my doctor removed some moles on my back and chest and one by my groin area. They all healed up with the exception of the one in my groin area which took a lot more time.

One day, I scratched that groin mole and it came off. Only to find out, now, months later, there is now a new growth there. I have done some research and believe that it is a genital wart, the flesh colored, cauliflower shaped growth.

Is there treatment to remove this genital wart? And, why would it have grown in the area where that mole was in the first place?

Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 13th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Moles can actually return if they are not carefully removed.

You should definitely have this looked at to ensure if it is a genital wart, or if it is just a mole returning.

HPV lasts your entire life, there is no 'cure'.
|

User Profile
replied April 13th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
Carifairy
The original mole was black and regular in shape. My doctor removed it by freezing it off, causing it to make a blister, eventually heal and go away. This one didn't go away as did the others. Then one day, I scratched it and it flaked off.

Now, this new growth is flesh colored, cauliflower in shape and is increasing in size. About a month ago, it had a dark grey color to the top of it but that went away and now it is flesh/white in color.

I realize HPV is for life. If were only possible to reach out and teach others the consequences of unprotected sex, that when one person does receive the diagnosis of HPV, they too are exposed for life, it might make for a better informed community. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case in my circumstance. Denial on the other side seems to reign.

One of the great things about eHealth Forum is the genuine caring of people like yourself who reach out to help others.

Thank you for that.
|

replied April 18th, 2011
HPV isn't 4 life! But neither is HIV or Hepatitus either really!
HPV is not for life! But neither is HIV or Hepatitus either really! You just don't know how to get rid of either disease. They need to stop re-telling people that! HPV clears itself out of a woman's body after 2 years, but there is an actual cure for it too! But I promised not tell anyone. I'd get into the biggest trouble for giving out the cure for HPV, HIV, and Hepatitus!! Sorry Guys. Out do the reasearch, that's all that I can tell you right now. Again, Sorry guys.
|

replied May 4th, 2011
Hi Roberta777

I had genital warts a few months ago and like you, they also had that cauliflower appearance (in fact, to this day I've been put off by this vegetable!).

One thing you need to know and something that the doctors will lie about like they lied to me...genital warts can't be cured. I learned this the hard way. It's crap I know but there are some decent creams and treatments that help suppress the warts and helps remove them when they re-appear.

Apparently the best treatments contain green tea catechins and ozone which helps dry out the warts and acts like a natural anti-bacterial.

I used (and still use) a product called Oxyfend...also known as Zerowarts, to remove my warts whenever they show up. Maybe give it a try or find a genital warts treatment that has both ozone and these green tea catechins. Hope this helped you, all the best.
|

replied July 19th, 2011
Experienced User
i used wartscide to get rid of my genital warts. a treatment is effective if your warts turn to black and then start falling off by itself. that's what wartscide did to my warts. i think ACV also shows the same result but you just have to bear with the smell and pain. good luck!
|