Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

genital wart after-effects ?

Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
i went to doctors after finding a small wart on my penis shaft.
dr said i had hpv but did no tests. i had it frozen off and it hasnt come back
so how do i know i dont have hpv anymore?
also i,d like to hear from people who have had genital warts and how theyve coped afterwards and what has changed if anything.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 14th, 2008
Doctor
Warts are caused by HPV so doctor diagnosed you according to the skin lesion's appearance. You can't be 100% sure that you don't have HPV because laboratory tests in men are not precise like in women. But you will know if a new wart appear. If that wart, that doctor has frozen it, was the only HPV-lesion you are practically cured.
|

replied July 15th, 2008
so basically even tho i havent had a return of the wart, i have to presume i still have hpv and can pass it on?

are there any people out there who have had to stop looking for relationships,
have had their partners leave because of it etc i,d like to hear from you to see how you cope or not.
|

User Profile
replied July 16th, 2008
Doctor
You shouldn't think like that. HPV-infection is not incurable disease. Beside therapy, your immune system also fights the virus. If you don't have any wart on your body you are HPV-free so you can freely keep and create relationships with other people. HPV is transmitting by direct contact with the lesion (wart) so it is very important to act on time when you notice some wart. Unfortunately there are certain types of HPV that causes genital lesions that can't be seen with bare eye. Those lesions can be seen with colposcopy and PAP-test in women. Unfortunately tests in men are not that accurate like in women.
|

replied July 26th, 2008
Experienced User
ok, now im confused. i just discovered that i have genital hpv, and my doctor says there is no cure and i will always have it. when i am in the process of getting the warts removed....next week hopefully.....and i wanted to ask.....after the warts are removed, can my bf and i have sex without a condom? i am on the pill and all and just wanted to know.
|

replied August 22nd, 2008
We know there is no cure to this however there are products out there that can subsidize the effects of it. I've been using a homeopathic treatment called wartrol that has completely diminished the warts. HPV has been apart of my life for the past 2 years and I am excited I finally came across this product. Its not like all products because you take a pill once a day along with an oral spray. To me both in conjunction work a lot quicker than just applying a topical treatment.

If you want to check it out the website is wartrolhealth.com
|

replied October 12th, 2008
hi,
i do have a couple of small warts on other parts of my body but my doctor said they were natural and nothing to sorry about. the one on my penis which was frozen off hasnt returned after all this time. so can i presume i,m ok?
|

replied October 30th, 2008
HPV
I am confused on the genital warts/HPV. I thought genital warts was a virus in its own and had nothing to do with HPV. I thought that there was no cure for genital herpes and you will have the virus forever. I have been told HPV (in most people) COMPLETELY goes away on its own by one doctor... n told by another that the HPV virus never goes away. And my research has seem to show the same opposite answers.

So my questions are:

Can you only get genital warts if you have HPV?
Does the genital warts/HPV virus ever completely leave your body?

If anyone could answer my questions it would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks.
|

User Profile
replied January 31st, 2009
Active User, very eHealthy
HPV, Cervical Cancer and Genital Warts
Over a year ago, I was also diagnosed with HPV with the high risk types. My doctor did a bioposy and told me that the tests came back normal. He said that I will have to be tested every six months. He advised me that if I come up clear after the next two pap smears, I will be fine. However, he said I will always carry the HPV virus.

It is easy to see why this is such a confusing issue.

Six months after my initial diagnosis, I found a genital wart which was removed. Now, I have developed a fever blister on my mouth. It is Herpes.

Some people have strong immune systems that will help them overcome these things.

Take care of yourself, stay healthy and stress free.
|

replied May 4th, 2009
genital warts
please please please someone help me.im so depressed.over a year and a half ago i got drunk and woke up beside this 40 year old woman i met in a bar.im male im 21 now.i apologised and left.this shouldnt have happened but it did and now my life is ruined.a while later i got genital warts.i have had loads of sessions to remove them by freezing and topical cream but all to no avail.i havent tried to have a relationship with any girl since.im so lonely because of this.before i got the warts i was seeing a beautiful girl who was really into me and she was heart broken when i said i couldnt see her anymore(because i found out i had warts she did not know this as we hadnt slept together).i see her sometimes and i still miss her we were very close.two hearts are broken over genital warts.i feel that i will be alone forever.how can i ever have a family???all i wanted in life was a good career and to be happily married with a family of my own but ive ruined all that now it seems.please help me will i have hpv forever....?how can i get rid of the warts and hpv if at all possible.id do anything to get rid of the virus please help i cant go on like this im all on my own.I lay in bed awake at night on my own and sometimes cry myself to sleep.i get up and go out again in the morning and its still waying on my mind at every chance.on the bus.at lunch.i just cant go on.no one knows any of this.i cant speak to anybody about this.im at the end i dont see a point to life if i cant have someone to love me and have kids with,coming home to an empty apartment to sit with my cat is taking its toll on me.all over too many drinks one very stupid regretful night.take serious notice of this anyone reading.please reply asap time is slow enough to pass for me.i think if i get all the information on hpv and i know for sure it will never go away i think i will just end it all because to be honest the only person who would shed a tear for me is gone because of this.i just cant see a point to life no matter how hard i try if i cant get rid of this and try to get her back or at least maybe meet some one else and have some companionship.thank you very much.i dont mean to moan but its my only medium to get this out of my system if you knew how i felt right now you wouldnt think im moaning
|
Users who thank help1pleez for this post: panicgrl 

replied April 29th, 2012
Hey. I recently found little bumps on myself and went to te dr to ding out that I have genital warts also and I am thinking the same thing trust me I have been crying everyday. Everyone that I have talked to have told me that it is not a huge deal they tell me that someone will love me for me and if they don't it's there loss ur a great person for letting her know. But honestly it will get better in time atleast that's what I have to keep telling myself. Smile idk if that helpe at all but ur not alone at alll
|

replied May 5th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
i was under the impression that a virus was forever present in the body..viruses cant be cured since they aren't living..and though the body's immune system may suppress the symptoms of the virus(warts for example) the virus that actually causes the warts can still be present in the body just in a dormant phase..this means that unprotected sex could still lead to the virus being passed on...correct? ...this is what I was taught...also..i didn't think that you had to actually have the warts in order to pass on warts..again the virus could be in a dormant phase right? and you can unknowingly pass the virus to your partner and while you may not show symptoms of warts your partner may still get the warts since the virus was passed on? ...right? anyone got any input? im confused...i just took microbio and was told viruses cant be cured you can only treat the symptoms the virus causes
|

replied May 13th, 2009
well i was told a few days ago that i have genital warts.....i only had one so far and i had it removed well kinda i gotta go back for a second treatment..anyways the doctor told me that there have been recent studies where the virus leaves ur boidy within a year or two but also one that says it can leave your body before ur 30...but also she also told me it could stay forever but with no symptoms at all.... she said it depends on how healthy you are and how strong ur immune system is to fight off the virus
|