Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Genital swelling after sex

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
sometimes after having sex with my bf, the inner lips of my vagina swell. they're hot to the touch, sting when i urinate and resembles a turkey neck. the swelling can last anywhere from a few hours to an entire day. when it happens i can hardly wear undies. i have to walk around in his boxers. it's really gross and disturbing and i want to know how to keep it from happening. does it have anything to do with pubic hair or lack there of? rougher sex? lifepreserver
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 12th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
Kruhlz,

It can be a number of things. The first thing to eliminate is that arousal and orgasm is causing it. So do you experience this when you masturbate?

Rough sex is definitely a cause for swelling. Just like your (facial) lips swell up when they get bumped, your vaginal lips can swell up the same way.

Hair/stubble can cause redness and scratching with a sting when urine touches it.

Some woman with longer labia minora can have it pulled inside the vagina on the in stroke, especially if they are dry and/or sticky (like when water based lube gets dry - remember to top it up or add a few drops of water to refresh it).

It can be chaffing from the in/out motion and not enough lube on the base of his penis and your labia.

Prolonged and repeated stimulation/masturbation/intercourse can cause something like this as well.

It can also be an allergy to him, a condom or a lube.

If it were me, I would definitely start with some good quality silicone or water based lube and top it up regularly. Even if that is not what is causing it, good lube can only make good sex better Smile.

Take care.
|

replied February 3rd, 2012
The same thing just happened to me today and i didnt do anything different, i even had sex last week, i dont undetstand it
|

replied February 3rd, 2012
The same thing just happened to me today and i didnt do anything different, i even had sex last week, i dont undetstand it
|

replied March 15th, 2012
sex
This happens to me a lot after sex, i cry when i go for a pee after sex because its so painful, i have to wear his boxers for ages i cant walk normally and it hurts to sit down it is very painful and very uncomfortable what do i do? Sad im getting distraught about it now!
|

replied March 15th, 2012
Community Volunteer
It sounds like an allergy or friction. What are you using for contraception?

You can be allergic to his fluids, condom, lubrication or spermicide. It can be friction due to rough sex or drying out. Did you ever take a mirror to see if something is irritated and red?

Until you can figure out what it is, use a small spray bottle with water to clean after peeing. And pat yourself dry.
|
Quick Reply