Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

General Q and A Question

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
This one is hard to explain and I have been to doctors and a chiropractor for consultation but I don't think they can figure it out.

Last year I started feeling a strange but not painful sensation over the left part of my chest going to my shoulder and a bit in the left arm. I went to the doctor and he done a great job double checking my heart but it's was fine. The feeling persisted but I didn't take too much notice since it's wasn't painful and heart issues were rules out.

Later on I went to the chiropractor for another opinion and he also said my heart is fine and done some acupuncture. I can't say for sure whether everything was fixed up but I think it did improve it slightly.

Then I get these random sensations of numbness in my fingers and light headed. Last night it led to me feeling faint and I couldn't stand. I felt cold and was shivering and the numbness in the left side increased or maybe and overall numbness I can't be too sure as things got blurry. I also started hearing a buzzing sound in both my ears thereafter.

To be safe I got an ambulance and they ran and ECG, blood pressure and checked my sugar and it was all 100%. The paramedic also said it's definitely not a stroke.

The chiropractor today suggested that it could be
Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo which I'm not sure because according to what I've read online it does not cause numbness.

My neck feels a bit stiff permanently for over six months now and always feels worst in the morning.

I suspect that I may have gotten injured playing soccer last year but am not sure.

I'm 33 years old. Just to recap its the following two issues that concerns me most and would like some feedback.

1. Random slight numbness in left hand and arm
2. Randomly getting light headed

Thanks

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 19th, 2017
General Q and A Answer A61709
Welcome to e health forum.

The description of your symptoms is not helpful to make a proper medical diagnosis.

Numbness and tingling or burning sensations are abnormal sensations that can occur anywhere in your body, but are often felt in your fingers, hands, feet, arms, or legs.

The most common cause of such symptoms can be due to the following -

1. Abnormal body positions during sleep, work or resting.
2. Vascular disorders - affecting the blood supply, like Transient ischemic attacks, Strokes, Raynaud's syndrome, etc.
3. Neurological injury - due to trauma, low back injury, pressure on nerves (herniation of spinal discs), etc.
4. Peripheral neuropathy - associated with Vitamin B12 or folic acid deficiency
5. electrolyte imbalances
6. Thyroid disorders
7. Diabetic neuropathy, migraines
8. Hyperventilation disorders , panic attacks
9. Repetitive stress injuries - Carpal tunnel syndrome, pressure neuropathy.

Hence for proper diagnosis of your condition, additional medical history as well as few tests may be helpful. Hence you might consult your doctor for proper advice.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Stroke
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.