Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

General Q and A Question

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
I have a swollen calf. It is double the size of my other one. When I took my sock off, There is a huge gap between the calf and where I had my sock. I have bad varicose vein's, 55 years old. Was reading that it might be DVT. Since my deductible is $6500 now, I have no co-pays, And can't afford to go I'm trying to find out if there's anything I can do so I don't have to go to the doctor. If I have to go in debt, I'll go. Any ideas?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 14th, 2017
General Q and A Answer A60589
Welcome to e health forum.

conditions like DVT will present with redness, pain (tenderness) along with swelling of the foot. The involved vein would appear prominent or erythematous. Any movement of the foot can induce pain. But the complication of such movement in conditions like DVT might induce possible clots to dislodge and ascend into the circulation and block proximal blood vessels.

Other conditions that can present this way include local tissue infections (cellulitis)

It is difficult to diagnose serious conditions and only experienced clinicians can make proper assessment.

Hence it would be recommended to consult your doctor who can provide a proper medical opinion and advice.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.