Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

General Q and A Question

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
Hello, For a week now, I have had this problem on my face. I am 26 years old. One day, I woke up and my skin was very tight, thick and dry, which made it look wrinkled as well. I tried using various oils and creams and it hurt a lot whenever I applied them. It became chaffed too and the skin peeled. After a few days, my skin became normal again as in smooth and soft, but it was still warm, it burned and it was very much red. At first I though it was my eczema, but I'm beginning to fear that it is rosacea... My eczema is usually little spots (like pimples) that form whenever there is friction, sweat, etc. That's usually on my legs but also torso, neck, etc. I have never had anything on my face, and while I have a history of black heads and the occasional pimple, I have never had acnea. I'm not sure what caused this. I did use a sugar scrub that I almost never used before that could be the cause. I'm a vegan on a gluten-free diet and I recently ate a bit of junk but not much.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 26th, 2017
General Q and A Answer A60178
Welcome to e health forum.

It is not possible to diagnose a condition only with the description that you have given.

Dermatological conditions can be diagnosed only after duly examining them properly.

It would be recommended that you consult a dermatologist at the earliest who can examine you and provide proper medical opinion.

I hope this helps.

Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Eczema, Vegan, Diet
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.