Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

General Q and A Question

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
In 2007, I had abdomen surgery..I was diagnosis of colic vasculature around the spleen to the bowel . There was disruption of the colon area of my bowel. my stomach is bloated as ir I were 3-4 months for years...I want to know how can I lose my stomach me being a slim women...Im young and is tired of looking pregnant...Thank you...

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 1st, 2017
General Q and A Answer A60498

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out.

Abdominal fat is the commonest cause of obesity in women. First of all try eating those foods which help you in losing weight. These include green tea, salads, fruits like pears, papayas, soups like chicken soup, lean meats, tofu, nuts, high fiber cereal, nuts like walnuts, oatmeal, brown rice and multigrain hot cereals. Also keep a strict watch on your calorie intake and eat frequent meals instead of a heavy single meal. Avoidfoods that add to obesity and these include sweets, aerated drinks, chocolates, jams and preserves, biscuits, cakes, canned fruit in syrup, fizzy drinks, processed foods, oily and fried foods.

Eat less of fats and carbohydrates and more of high protein diet and drink plenty of water before and after meal. The most important trick for losing abdominal fat is exercising (walking, cycling or swimming) to burn your extra calories and keep your heart healthy. You can also join a gym to lose those extra inches of fat. Preparing a diet chart and sticking to it also helps.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.