Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

General Q and A Question

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
I am a 21 year old female who is in good health. I am 5 feet 10 inches tall and I weigh approximately 150 lbs. I am a junior in college and have a Type A personality, I have a lot of stress in my life and have dealt with anxiety issues in the past, they are better now, but I am generally a pretty anxious person overall.

For the past month, I have been experiencing very sensitive breasts, not dependent on my menstrual cycle. Whenever i press on my left breast or move it, pressing on my breast bone/ breast tissue, I feel pain. Also, my back behind my left breast has been hurting as well. Being that this is the side which my heart is on, I am naturally worried about a heart issue. My father had a heart attack when he was 38 years old. I have never had abnormal bloodworm before. I have had an EKG and heart echo around 4 years ago and everything was normal. I am wondering is this is something that I need to go to the ER about? Or make a doctor's appointment? Thanks

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 14th, 2017
General Q and A Answer A60046
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Pain in breast bone and breast over it with normal echo and type A personality is likely anxiety related . it could be hormonal as with varying hormones in a cycle, pain may vary. Take some tylenol for the pain and see if it helps. Low doses of anxiolytics can also be considered.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.