Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Gellish-like sac during period

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
Recently when I went to the bathroom I notice a large (about the size of a silver dollar) gellish like sac- shaped like a bean, but a lot larger. It had a little bit of blood in it but I figured it was due to the fact that I am on my period, which is heavier than normal. can anyone tell me what this is???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 1st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
This is most likely just tissue. This is completely normal if you are on your period.
|

User Profile
replied April 7th, 2008
Experienced User
kinda sounds like a misscarriage... i mean its kinda big for uterus lining clumps, and the period is heavier than normal.. any possibility you where pregnant....
or it can juss be a random heavier period...
|

replied April 8th, 2008
this is what my mom and sister say- a lot of women have miscarriages and never even realize it. my period was alot heavier with more and larger blood clots than normal. My period didn't last longer than normal though. it still confuses me- maybe I was pregnant, I don't know.
|

replied April 22nd, 2010
I just had one that was 2 inches long and 1/4 inch wide come out last week during my period. I took it to my Dr. in a ziplock baggie. I had had cramping and contraction the night before. i thought it may have been a miscarriage. The Dr. did a pregnancy test and that cam back negative, he sent the clump out to be biopsied. He just called and told me that it was just a large clump of my uterus lining. Thank God!
|

replied May 17th, 2010
I just passed a huge clot sac like thing... I put on rubber gloves and looked at it and it seemed to look like either the lining of the uterus all at once come out or a sac. The night before i had bad cramps and this morning almost unbearable cramps. an hour or two later this came out. I am on the pill and i had skipped my last two periods with the pill because i had a misscariage 3 months ago. im really scared that i might have had another miscarriage without knowing.. I am in end stage reanl failure too so its virtually impossible for me to get pregnant anyway. HELP
|

replied July 31st, 2010
The same thing happened to me!
The same thing happened to me yesterday but I'm not expecting my period for another two weeks. My gellish sac was the size of a lima bean and when i examined it, it felt like a piece of chicken meat. I just had a baby a few months ago and the only thing I can think it must be is that when I became pregnant, I was told that I had two sacs but one would probably take over the other. I think it must be the other sac. Anyway, thank you Wiseroberts for posting this concern. I was a bit freaked out yesterday but feel a bit better now!
|
Quick Reply