Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

Gel-like particles in sperm

Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
User Profile
Lately, when I ejaculate, I find gel like particles in my semen. Also, my semsen seems to be less thick. Is this something to worry about?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied December 11th, 2008
Mens Conditions Answer A5072
“Gel like particles” in the sperm and thicker semen do not sound serious but still require a medical examination and sperm analyses.

You could consult your primary health provider for further diagnostic procedures.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Mens Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.