Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

gel-like discharge from vagina

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
last night while using the bathroom, i realized a thick clear gel like substance was hanging from my vagina, it had no smell and i didn't itch. this morning after using the batroom and cleaning up i realized the same thing again. what exactly is that, is it serious?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile 27male
|

User Profile
replied May 29th, 2009
It's normal to have some vaginal discharge, as the vagina stays moist as part of its self-cleansing mechanism. The normal moist discharge clears dead cells and bacteria from the vagina. It comes mainly from glands in the cervix (the neck of the womb), and is slightly acidic, which helps to keep infections at bay. The acidity results from lactic acid, formed by 'friendly' bacteria as they break down sugars.

The amount of normal discharge varies from woman to woman, and with the menstrual cycle. Many women notice that during the week after a period there is hardly any discharge, and what there is has a thick consistency. Towards the middle of the cycle (about 2 weeks after the start of a period) the amount increases and it becomes thin, slippery and clear, like uncooked egg white. When this discharge is exposed to the air it becomes brownish-yellow, so it is normal to find a yellowish stain on your undies at the middle of the monthly cycle. There may also be a feeling of moistness and stickiness.

Discharge also increases during pregnancy. And during sexual excitement, vaginal discharge becomes very profuse because two glands near the vaginal opening (the Bartholin's glands) secrete additional slippery mucus, which acts as a lubricant for intercourse.

Hope this helps in some way, I don't think from your description you have anything to be concerned about.
|

replied May 31st, 2009
thank you for you reply. the information you gave was very informative and i trust it 100%. thnak you again.
|

replied November 1st, 2009
what is this gel-like stuff that came out after peeing w/o odor?
i found this response very useful and very help full for m e cuz i went thru the same thing last night. this guy knows some stuff.I wonder if he's a doctor?
|

replied June 8th, 2011
Are there any ways to stop it from happening?
|

replied June 23rd, 2013
i had think white little bit of red in the thick jelly stuff what is it please help its the first time its happend to me
|

User Profile
replied August 10th, 2013
my urine has smelt like ham or some kind of smoked bacon, and me and my boyfriend just had sexual intercourse (unprotected) and i realized this clear non smelling jello based looking thing on the outside of my vagina it stuck together and idk it was just like puddy or something what the hell is that?
|
Quick Reply