Medical Questions > Relationships > Pets and Animals Forum

Geckos in the house!!!

My house has been invaded by Geckos....don't know how b/c we have screenes over every window, and its still so hot outside anyway, so everything is kept shut. We have been finding about 5 a day for the past two weeks. I know that they don't hurt, and honestly I don't mind them but when they started to appear in my shower as I was grabbing the shampoo, or jumping onto me from the sink, I decided enough is enough. I respect their right to live and so far I have had hubby take them outside and let let them go, but now I am wondering if there is some kind method to use that would reduce their comming indoors? Any help would be great....I'm almost afraid to get in bed! Very Happy
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 22nd, 2008
Supporter
Geckos are wonderful for pest control and are recommended for eliminating all sorts of unwanted insects from mosquitos to cockroaches. However, if you are interested in controlling their number, perhaps look for a predatory bird who likes to eat them...and bring it indoors for a little while?
|

replied September 26th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
Thank you! I know they are good and like I said, I really don't mind them, but lately they've been "popping" out of no where and giving me near heart attacks! I really don't know much about birds, but I'll look into that...of course I really don't want to kill them........ I just don't want them hiding all over my house and shocking me!
|

User Profile
replied March 18th, 2009
Experienced User
my house has also been overrun by geckos, i think there so cute
|

User Profile
replied June 10th, 2009
oh my gosh you want to HURT geckos??? I have geckos and that is so sad, dont kill them. They're not violent or anything. I suggest finding ways to seal off your house instead. Where do you live? I'd give anything to have free geckos!
|
Quick Reply