Medical Questions > Cancer > Stomach Cancer Forum

Gastroesophageal Junction Cancer

Hello all,

Hope all is well. I am posting today in regards to a close family friend of ours who has been battling Gastroesophageal Junction Cancer since 06/2014. His name is Charles. He is 31 years old and has a strong will to fight and is supported by an amazing cast of people that are always there for him.

He has recently been fighting an uphill battle with more questions left unanswered. His last prognosis on 06/2015 is as follows:

GASTROESOPHAGEAL JUNCTION CANCER - Primary
CANCER METASTATIC TO INTRAABDOMINAL LN

GE junction adenocarcinoma (HER2-) with N1 disease, s/p 3 cycles of neoadjuvant ECF, interim scan showing partial response. S/p ex lap, total gastrectomy with en bloc distal pancreatectomy and splenectomy, D2 lymphadenectomy, jejunostomy feeding tube. Path showed 4.5 cm T4 adenocarcinoma with 3/17 LN positive. Completed 6 cycles of carboplatin and paclitaxel but CT scan showed significant progression of disease.

His disease is summarized as non-curable. Radiation is not a possiblity due to excessive toxicity. But 3rd line chemotherapy options have been discussed including oxaliplatin, irinotecan, gemcitabine, docetaxel, or ramucirumab. Herceptin is not an option since his tumor is HER2 negative. Surgery is not an option.

At this point the only thing since then has been a referral to a clinical trial (that I believe he wasn't able to do). He currently resides at home and is continuing feeding through tube. His current problems are constipation and abdominal pain at his feeding tube.

I am trying my best to seek out as much information on this. Any help can and will go a long way. We all are praying that there can be a resolution to all but in the meantime he has to keep fighting.

Thank you for your time,

Elijah
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 14th, 2016
Experienced User
The main symptom is the lower part of the esophagus that connects to the stomach.so, you must contact to expert.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply