Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

gastric bypass 6 wks ago pain/aches in my left chest/back

Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....
User Profile
I had lap gastric bypass 6 weeks ago. Since, I have been having intermittent pain/aches in my left chest/back rib area that radiates across and up to my neck and jaw. Doesnt seem related to anything I do in particular or what or when I eat. My heart rate is normal during the episodes- that can last from 10-30 minutes. I am a healthy person otherwise, taking only vitamins and no other medications. Also it seems to happen about 3-5 times a day, approx. 5x week. This all began since having the surgery.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 12th, 2011
Chest Pain Answer A28469
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

From the description provided your symptoms do not appear to be due to inflammation or irritation of the soft tissues associated with the surgical procedure. This is mainly due to the fact that the symptoms have started only after the said gastric bypass surgery.

Hence you should consult with the operating surgeon for a follow up examination and this will help in proper assessment and treatment of your symptoms.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chest Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.