Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Gas post Gallbladder surgery

Must Read
We burp, belch and fart an average of 12 times a day. But why do we have gas? And what is intestinal gas?...the basics here....
Intestinal gas forms from two main sources - swallowed air and bacteria in the intestine. Plus, learn which factors to avoid to decrease the likelihood of gas....
How much gas is normal? Usually symptoms of gas and flatulence are more bothersome than serious. But learn when you should seek help for excessive gas here....
My wife had gallbladder surgery in October, 2008. She suffers from excessive and painful gas about once a week. She is very consciencious about not eating fat and is primarily a vegetarian. Is this symtome related to her gallbladder surgery?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 1st, 2010
It may or may not be related to her surgery. Please review my extensive review of post-cholecystectomy pain syndromes on my website (address is below).

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

www.oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gallbladder Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.